Wendell H. Fleming
Division of Applied Mathematics
De Giorgi and Geometric Measure Theory
Geometric Measure Theory at Brown in the 1960s
Remembrances of Life as a Young Husband and Mathematician
Remembrances of My Career at Brown University, 1958-1978
Phone: 401.863.2115 or 401.254.2128
1. Functions of Several Variables, Addison-Wesley, 1965, 2nd ed., Springer-Verlag, 1977.
2. Deterministic and Stochastic Optimal Control, (with R.W. Rishel), Springer-Verlag, 1975.
3. Advances in Filtering and Optimal Stochastic Control, (co-editor with L.G. Gorostiza), Springer Lecture. Notes in Control and Information Sciences, No. 42 (1982).
4. Recent Advances in Dynamic Programming, (co-editor with I. Capuzzo-Dolcetta and T. Zolezzi), Springer Lecture Notes in Math, No. 1119, 1985.
5. Controlled Markov Processes and Nonlinear Evolution Equations, Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Scuola Normale Superiore, 1987.
6. Stochastic Differential Systems, Stochastic Control Theory and Applications, (co-editor with P.L. Lions) IMA Volumes in Math. and its Applications No. 10, Springer-Verlag, 1987.
7. Controlled Markov Processes and Viscosity Solutions, (with H. M. Soner) Springer-Verlag, 1992; Second Edition, 2006.
Risk sensitive control on an infinite time horizon, (with W.M. McEneaney) SIAM Journal on Control and Optimiz., 33, (1995) 1881-1915.
Optimal investment models and risk sensitive stochastic control, in IMA Volumes in Math and Applic., No. 65, (1995) 75-88.
The risk-sensitive index and the H2 and H norms for nonlinear systems, (with M.R. James) Math. of Control, Signals and Sys, 8, (1995) 199-221.
Risk sensitive control of finite state machines on an infinite horizon I, (with D. Hernandez-Hernandez) SIAM Journal on Control and Optimiz., 35, (1997) 1790-1810.
Some results and problems in risk sensitive stochastic control, Computational and Applied Math., 16, (1997) 99-115.
Asymptotics for the principal engenvalue and eigenvetor of a nearly first order operator with large potential, (with S.-J. Sheu) Annals of Probab., 25, (1997) 1953- 1994.
Risk-sensitive production planning of a stochastic manufacturing system, (with Q. Zhang) SIAM Journal on Control and Optimiz., 36, (1998) 1147-1170.
Risk sensitive control of finite state machines on an infinite horizon II, (with D. Hernandez-Hernandez), SIAM Journal on Control and Optimiz., 37 (1999) 1048-1069.
Deterministic nonlinear filtering, Annali Scuola Normale Superiore Pisa, Sci. Fis. Matem. Se . 4, 25 (1997) 435-454.
A max-plus based algorithm for an HJB equation of nonlinear filtering, (with W.M. McEneaney) SIAM Journal on Control and Optimiz., 38 (2000) 683-710.
Optimal long term growth rate of expected utility of wealth, (with S.-J. Sheu) Ann. Appl. Prob. 9 (1998) 871-903.
Risk sensitive control and an optimal investment model, (with S.-J. Sheu) Math. Finance, 10 (2000) 197-213.
Stochastic optimal control, international finance and debt, (with J.L. Stein), J. of Banking and Finance, 28 (2004) 979-996.
Controlled Markov processes and mathematical finance, in Nonlinear Analysis Differential Equations and Control, (ed. F.H. Clarke and R.J. Stein), Kluwer Academic Publishers, NATO Science Series C: Math. Phys. Sci., Vol. 528, (1999), 407-446.
Deterministic and stochastic approaches to nonlinear filtering, (with W.M. McEneaney) Math. Control Signals Systems, 14 (2001) 109-142.
On the value of stochastic differential games (with D. Hernandez-Hernandez), Communications on Stochastic Analysis, 5 No. 2 (2011) 341-351.