Next: 0.1.2 Probability and statistics
Up: 0.1 Two main topics
Previous: 0.1 Two main topics
We showed a couple of examples for using differential equations including:
Questions that we may be interested in:
- An equation that models the membrane potential of a single neuron, taking into account external sources and feedback.
- A set of two or more equations that model the potential membrane of two or more coupled neurons.
- Existence and uniqueness of a solution (model validity)
- Deriving solutions (analytic vs. numeric)
- Qualitative analysis: How does a solution (e.g. the dynamics of the membrane potential) behave for a given setup (e.g. oscillates, stable unstable)