- MV Ciocanel, TL Stepien, I Sgouralis, and AT Layton. A Multicellular Model of the Renal Myogenic Response. PDF
- JR Abrams, A Schwartz, MV Ciocanel, A Volkening, and B Sandstede. Influenza spread on context-specific social networks (in review). PDF
- MV Ciocanel, JA Kreiling, JA Gagnon, KL Mowry, and B Sandstede. Analysis of Active Transport by Fluorescence Recovery after Photobleaching. Biophysical Journal 112 (2017) 1714-1725. DOI
- EA Powrie, MV Ciocanel, JA Kreiling, JA Gagnon, B Sandstede, and KL Mowry. Using in vivo imaging to measure RNA mobility in Xenopus laevis oocytes. Methods 98 (2016) 60-65. DOI
- MV Ciocanel, TL Stepien, A Edwards, and AT Layton. Modeling Autoregulation of the Afferent Arteriole of the Rat Kidney, accepted (2015). AWM proceedings for NIMBioS WS for Women in Mathematical Biology, in press. PDF
- MV Ciocanel, T Witelski. Modeling and Numerical Simulation of the Nonlinear Dynamics of the Parametrically Forced String
Pendulum, SIURO (SIAM Undergraduate Research Online) 5 (2012).
- MV Ciocanel. Modeling Intracellular Transport during Messenger RNA Localization in Xenopus Oocytes. PhD thesis in Applied Mathematics, Brown University, 2017 (Advisor: Björn Sandstede). PDF
- MV Ciocanel. Modeling and Numerical Simulation of the Nonlinear Dynamics of the Forced Planar String
Pendulum. Honors thesis, Duke University, 2012 (Supervisor: Tom Witelski). PDF
Project-based Workshop Reports
- M Olufsen (faculty mentor), MV Ciocanel, S Docken, R Gasper, S Langford, W Samyono. Modeling blood withdrawal in the cardiovascular system, MRC, Snowbird, 2016.
- V Venkateshwaran (industry mentor), Z He (industry mentor), C Bi, MV Ciocanel, S Hill, D Rumschitzki, B Tilley. Filtration properties of compressed porous membranes, MPI, Duke University, 2016.
- J Han (industry mentor), MV Ciocanel, H Hardeman, D Nasserden, B Son, and S Ye. Deducing Rock Properties from Spectral Seismic Data, IMA, 2015.